I got hacked. I found this out the inconvenient way: when my google webmaster tools informed me that one of my highest ranking keywords was "viagra 50mg" (which i've never written about). When I search this keyword, my homepage comes up like #6 for viagra with some viagra spam in the title. However, if you actually check my homepage by typing the URL it shows no such thing! But the google cache clearly demonstrates that's what GOOGLE sees, and if I click it, it redirects me to http://canada-pharm.net/&said=www.neurointerests.com
If I search for my homepage by other means, however, it comes up with the correct title, and doesn't redirect. I also managed to do a site: search for "viagra" and found at least 30 articles that have the same kind of computer generated viagra spam.
I have no idea how to remedy this, or where to start. Input, please!!!
I'm using version 2.8.6, though I may have updated it since the hacking and forgot -- quite frankly it's been something I've been procrastinating dealing with.