WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Global Translator - 500 Internal Server Error error (10 posts)

  1. hkdigit
    Member
    Posted 4 years ago #

    After upgrade Global Translator to version 1.26, I got the following error which click one of the language icon:

    Forbidden

    You don't have permission to access /zh-TW/ on this server.

    Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at http://www.hkdigit.net Port 80

    I checked the webserver error_log, I find:

    [07-Sep-2009 08:36:00] PHP Warning: fopen(/home/hklb/public_html/hkdigit.net/wp-content/gt-cache/zh-TW/_zh-TW_2008_09__gltr_redir=http___translate.google.com_translate_hl=en&sl=en&tl=zh-TW&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hkdigit.net%2F2008%2F09%2F&gltr_redir=http___translate.google.com_translate_hl=en&sl=en&tl=zh-TW&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hkdigit.net%2F2008%2F09%2F%3Fgltr_redir%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Ftranslate.google.com%252Ftranslate%253Fhl%253Den%2526sl%253Den%2526tl%253Dzh-TW%2526u%253Dhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.hkdigit.net%25252F2008%25252F09%25252F&gltr_redir=http___translate.google.com_translate_hl=en&sl=en&tl=zh-TW&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hkdigit.net%2F2008%2F09%2F%3Fgltr_redir%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Ftranslate.google.com%252Ftranslate%253Fhl%253Den%2526sl%253Den%2526tl%253Dzh-TW%2526u%253Dhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.hkdigit.net%25252F2008%25252F09%25252F%26gltr_redir%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Ftranslate.google.com%252Ftranslate%253Fhl%253Den%2526sl%253Den%2526tl%253Dzh-TW%2526u%253Dhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.hkdigit.net% in /home/hklb/public_html/hkdigit.net/wp-content/plugins/global-translator/translator.php on line 1145
    [07-Sep-2009 08:36:00] PHP Warning: flock() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/hklb/public_html/hkdigit.net/wp-content/plugins/global-translator/translator.php on line 1146
    [07-Sep-2009 08:36:00] PHP Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/hklb/public_html/hkdigit.net/wp-content/plugins/global-translator/translator.php on line 1150
    [07-Sep-2009 08:36:00] PHP Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/hklb/public_html/hkdigit.net/wp-content/plugins/global-translator/translator.php on line 1152

    Anyone know how to fix it?

    Many thanks in advance.

    Regards,
    Chris Lee

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/global-translator/

  2. asilverstone
    Member
    Posted 4 years ago #

    Same problems for the last couple of weeks, since current version of plugin. Repeated messages to n2h not answered.

  3. E-TARD The LifeCaster
    Member
    Posted 4 years ago #

    what Global Translator did you update from?

  4. asilverstone
    Member
    Posted 4 years ago #

    In my case from 1.2.5

  5. donnawilson4524
    Member
    Posted 4 years ago #

    i'm having exactly the same problem with all my sites. does anyone have a fix for this.. thanks :)

  6. terrapurus
    Member
    Posted 4 years ago #

    Get the same problem too. Okay, the free version is not supported. But there is a big difference between not supported and not working. Hardly motivates me to buy it.

  7. AlexaD
    Member
    Posted 4 years ago #

    I, too, am having the exact same problem.

  8. AlexaD
    Member
    Posted 4 years ago #

    Anyone know of a decent alternative to this? Obviously, if he's not going to fix it, then we're going to have to look for something else.

  9. breaker
    Member
    Posted 4 years ago #

    Can someone contact me about this error at contact[at]benosullivan.co.uk

    My plugin bens-translator is based on global translator and still contains this bug. I am trying to get rid of it but I cannot replicate the error.

    I am looking for a test server with this error, to fix this bug

    Thanks
    Ben

  10. jbbaab44
    Member
    Posted 4 years ago #

    found a link to a possible solution. I just integrated the change, but the fix seems to take some time to replicate, so can't tell it works yet. Something to do with the load that the cache and translation request has on the server. This seems to make the most sense to me since some of the translations are fine and yet others are giving me the 403 error

    here's the link.

    http://www.quickonlinetips.com/archives/2007/02/caching-is-essential-for-wordpress-translation-plugins/

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic