WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

W3 Total Cache
[resolved] getting You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page. errors (13 posts)

  1. creamofclubs
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    do know i you can solve this little problem

    the plugin works ok but if try and enter my cdn details or go in to any other menu withing w3 i get You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page. errors.

    i have try deleting repleceing the .htacess and removeing all other files that w3 users but still get the same issue every time any ideas

  2. Frederick Townes
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 2 years ago #

    Everytime you activate CDN you get this error?

  3. Curtis4
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Hi Frederick,

    I'm getting this error too. I first noticed it today when I tried to export the media library which kept failing.

    When I go into the CDN Admin, I get the permission error.

    "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page."

    Weird that it happened all of the sudden.

  4. Curtis4
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Found it. The plugin "Simple Admin Menu Editor" was causing the permission problem. All set now.

  5. Curtis4
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Just to be more clear:

    The Simple Admin Menu Editor lets you hide menu items (handy of you have 60 plugins running like I do). When I went through and checked the items I wanted hidden, there were a few items within the "Performance" (W3TC) tab that had no names, so I checked them to be hidden. Turns out, those were the pages (CDN and db cache I think they were) that I wasn't able to access and got the permission error for.

    Unchecking them fixed it.

    So, if you're using the Simple Admin Menu Editor, and you're getting permission errors accessing some parts of the W3TC admin, now you know why.

  6. kceyedoctor
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    We got this error message on our site too - It appears when we click on the Plugin tab in the main menu. We can still view "Add New," "Edit," and "Askimet Configuration" but not Installed Plugins. Very frustrating ... It was working fine a few days ago. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

  7. creamofclubs
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    hi Frederick I can access the the main w3 with no problem but if i try and access the any sub menus in w3 then i get the error.

  8. Curtis4
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    kceyedoctor and creamofclubs, are you running the Simple Admin Menu Editor plugin?

  9. kceyedoctor
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Hi Curtis4 - no, we aren't using the menu editor plugin. Also, we have several other sites, all with the same version of WordPress and the same plugins, and none of them are experiencing this problem. It's very weird.

  10. whatsthatbug.com
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Did anyone find a solution to this? I am having the problem now, only with w3tc, since I upgraded yesterday to 9.2.4.

  11. Elieka
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    kceyedoctor, did you by any chance recently change the prefix on your WordPress tables? It would explain why you're seeing this only on the one blog (since only that DB would be effected).

    In the usermeta table there are meta_keys called "wp_capabilities" for each user. That wp_, unfortunately, is defined by the prefix. For more information, check here.

    Apologies if that's not the issue. That's the only time I've encountered it in the last little while.

  12. kceyedoctor
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    To whatsthatbug.com: we haven't found a solution yet, although I am definitely going to look into the Elieka's suggestions ... however, we did find a work-around. When we realized that we could still view "Add New," "Edit," and "Askimet Configuration," we tried adding a new plugin. When WP was done downloading and installing it, there was a link to "Return to Plugin Page" ... it worked! So, I copied the URL and can now access our plugins page by pasting it directly into the browser (after logging in, of course). It almost seems that there's just a broken link in the main menu.

    It's an annoying work-around, but it does work for us ... maybe it will help you. Good luck!

    To Elieka: we didn't intentionally change anything other than the content on our site, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if something went wrong during the last WP update. Thank you very much for the info ... we're looking into it now.

  13. whatsthatbug.com
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    In my case, the plugin had not reactivated after I updated it.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic