I've run into the problem that a few others seemed to have faced - that of funny characters appearing when I've moved my WP blog to another server.
I've performed the following checks:
1. The servers have the same version of MySQL
2. I imported the database with utf8
3. I've run the plugin "UTF-8 Database Converter"
4. I've defined define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8'); and define('DB_COLLATE', ''); in wp-confie file.
5. I've also tried commenting the above out to see if that worked.
Unfortunately none of these had any effect so I'm getting weird characters appear throughout. Â£ where there should be £ symbols and â€œ where there should be quote marks.
Any help with this would grately appreciated.