Dear WordPress Friends,
I've been cracking my head for the past 2 days on this issue. I came here as the last resort. I hope I'll find a way here.
Now the issue:
I'm the admin, in my dashboard area wheneve I click seetings>General > click save changes, I get this:
You don't have permission to access /wp-admin/options-general.php on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Everytime I hit a Save Changes button on this page, it gets me an Forbidden error. No clue where to resolve it.
Troubleshooting Steps I've taken:
1. Disabled all myplugins by renaming the plugin folder.
2. Deleted everything inside the .htaccess (it is 0KB )
3. Permalinks are default
4. Theme back to default
5. Looked for help HERE and HERE. Did Everything I can in my admin Dashboard area, I figured out that it has something to do with mod_sec.
6. Contacted with my web-host, their reply is mod_sec is disabled.
Hello, I could see that ' mod_security ' is currently disabled in the server where your domain ' is hosted. Like already mentioned by the previous tech, since wordpress is a third party application, so we can´t offer extended support for the same. Once you get an update from their support with anything which needs to be done from our end, please feel free to get back to us again. Looking forward to hear from you, will more than happy to assist you further. technical details ===== root@user [~]# httpd -l | grep mod_security root@user [~]# == SecRuleEngine Off =====
7. Even tried to insert this code into .htaccess , no use at all
# BEGIN WordPress <IfModule mod_security.c> SecFilterEngine Off SecFilterScanPOST Off </IfModule> # END WordPress
I hope somebody knows how to fix it.
Thanks in advance, Let me know if you need any other details.