Ive asked this before elswhere but no joy. The latest version of WordPress is stripping the correct html coding from my footnotes.
Whenever I move to visual mode this happens.
It converts the footnote html created by live-writer (and Scribefire, et al) into some coding which does not work.
If I stay only in the html edit mode, the correct coding is not modified.
One fellow, kindly, suggested that I stay with one editing tab, and don't switch between them. But this is impossible for so many reasons.
I checked some of the "solutions" I could find in the WordPress archives, but either I could not understand them or they do not apply. I am not a computer or tech guy. Coding jargon loses me. Nor do I think I should be expected to go in and change some coding: given that this worked for so long, and the problem is not caused by me.
The best I can do to show you what's happening is to paste the code this way. Ive replaced the <, and >, with underscores:
_a href="#_ftn1_8545" name="_ftnref1_8545"__sup_1_/sup__/a_
_a name="_ftnref1_8545" href="#_ftn1_8545"__a__sup_1_/sup_
This just needs to be fixed. This is crazy. It's been working fine for three plus years and then suddenly it stop working.