First of all, thank you to everyone who took the time sending me your requests and ideas. I spent the weekend going though everything and have now compiles a list of new features coming to myCRED.
For those of you who have expressed interest in helping me Beta test, please contact me through the website with an email address I can reach you on and if there is any particular feature you would be interested in focusing on. My goal is to start beta testing next monday (June 10th) and launch 1.1 the weekend there after.
Please note that during this week while developing I might not be able to answer any support question as quick as I have done so far so I hope you bear with me.
Feature Requests that did NOT make the cut for 1.1
After some chat with the authors of Cart66, I have learned that you can not add a new payment gateway without making changes in the plugins core files. In light of this, once 1.1 has been launched I will create an online tutorial showing Cart66 users how to add myCRED as a payment gateway instead of adding support for it.
I have had a look at this plugin and having a hard time finding a way to detect when a new forum post or forum reply is added. I have contacted the author of the plugin and waiting for reply. Due to time constraints and since I don't know when we will find a solution I will postpone
this till then.
- Added support for MarketPress Shopping Cart
Sell Content Add-on:
- Added support for letting purchases "expire" after certain number of hours (which could be translated into days/weeks etc).
- New AJAX driven shortcode [mycred_sell_this_ajax] for selling content. (note that using AJAX will prohibit you from using multiple shortcodes in a single content. For this you will need to use the existing [mycred_sell_this] shortcode).
- Added support for Zombaio payment gateway. Due to my short development period I will add support for other gateways though out June and July once 1.1 is done.
Core Feature changes:
- White-Labelling. You will be able to replace the myCRED label with your own.
- myCRED Leaderboard widget will have the same options as the mycred_leaderboard shortcode allowing for offset and change of order.
Support for Third-Party plugins:
- WP Polls. Award/deduct users for voting in polls. Note. If you allow users to vote more then once, then they will be awarded points for each time they vote.
- Events Manager. Award/deduct points for users signing up for events.
- WP Favorite Posts. Award/deduct points when users add a post to their favorites. Option to remove points if post is remed.
New Template Tags:
- General: %blog_name%, %blog_url%, %num_members%, %blog_info%.
- User related: %balance%, %balance_f%.
[mycred_give amount=""] - Insert into custom pages or posts where by you award the visitor x amount of points.
[mycred_send amount=""] - To be inserted into comments or forum replies allowing users to give a preset number of points to the comment- or forum reply- author.
Email Notices - This add-on lets you setup email notices that are sent to either the user, the administrator or both for particular instances. For example when a users balance changes, user buys content that are set for sale, tops up their account etc.
Rankings - Allows you to setup ranks users can reach depending on their points balance.
Compatibility Issue with WP_Stack - Thank you 'clariner' for providing a quick solution for this.
- Using a central "Bank" account. In this tutorial I will show you how you can setup your myCRED installation to award points from a central "bank" account with the option to stop awarding points if the bank goes bust.
- Introduction to Multiple Point Types. This will be a tutorial for those who would like to keep track of multiple point types. I will give you a few examples on how this can be accomplished.
- myCRED Modules 101. Just like myCRED Hooks 101 this tutorial gives an introduction into how myCRED Modules work and how you can create your own add-ons.
- Add myCRED Support for Cart66. In this tutorial I will show you how you can add myCRED as a payment gateway to Cart66.
With myCRED 1.1 we will be introducing a showcase page on our website.