I'm new to all wordpress blogging (i'm a little bit technical)
i have installed WP on Godaddy hosting upload wp 2.9.1 via FTP.
i also used a theme i made with a 3rd party software, but removed it since i had problems that i couldn't solve. to avoid the theme from causing the problems i have choose one of the default themes.
btw, i had all those issues in FF, IE and Chrome.
1. you can see by your self, for some reason, i get a strange "authentication request" when entering my site http://child-intelligentsia.com/ i did anything (includes 2 days searching for solution) but i cant find a way to remove this. please help!
2. i put some pictures under a folder i created (wp-content/Pics), hope this is a proper place. but for some reason its too slow and no matter how much i wait, not all pics are loaded. very annoying i must say.
3. i use FileZilla FTP, and when the client is open i get a massage say "421 Too many connections (4) from this IP". now i made some search and did whatever people suggested such as:
- Edit>Site manager>Transfer settings> limit the number to 1(one)
and also did
- Edit>settings>Transfers>Max simultaneously connections set to 1.
none of them works, but when i close the client this message doesn't appear anymore. (proper disclosure: all worked fine when up/down files, i just don't think i should get this message , that's why i look for solution, if the FTP client close i wont see this message.
Thanks a lot