WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[resolved] Feed pages being produced and created by my site for no reason. How to stop? (8 posts)

  1. neverpaintagain
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hi, i am having trouble with my site my site producing feeds, really weird ones, for each page, tag, category, and post. These are being indexed by Google, for example like this

    An example of just one feed page is here a feed for a page that doesnt even exist

    Can anyone shed some light on why my site has been producing these weird feed pages?

    And do you think i will penalized by google for having them? Does anyone know what is causing it and how to fix it? thanks

  2. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 1 year ago #

  3. neverpaintagain
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hi, thanks ever so much for the reply. We rebuilt the site a few months ago with a completely new taxonomy and are using a permalink finder, which for some reason is also telling google that there is duplicate titles and eta tags when the pages are being redirected.

    Do you think the problem is with that particular pulgin? I've manually changed a lot of the urls to the new structure but am worried if i disable it, i am going to get a hell of a lot of 404's. Any ideas?

  4. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Which plugin is it?

  5. neverpaintagain
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Permalink-Finder Options
    Version 2.2
    48344 Permalinks redirected

    The Permalink-Finder Plugin is installed and working correctly.

    Refresh
    For questions and support please check my website BlogsEye.com.

  6. esmi
    Forum Moderator
    Posted 1 year ago #

    I'd suggest you try contacting the plugin's author directly via http://wordpress.org/support/plugin/permalink-finder

  7. neverpaintagain
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    :) Thanks, will do.

  8. neverpaintagain
    Member
    Posted 12 months ago #

    just an update for those that were following this, the issue, we found out, was YOAST clashed with our custom theme. Removed it and stuck all in one SEO in and site is running great. Only now have to wait for google to see no errors on site any more!

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic