I *should* have a little bit of extra time in the next couple of week and I would like to work on putting together a photolog that is functional, compliant, useful and would benefit people. This would, of course, be a modified version of WordPress. What features do you expect in a photoblog?
I personally would like to be able to
- seamlessly upload single pictures and have automatic thumbnail creation
- extract EXIF data from picture and make it available to the post
- be able to add text to a post around a picture
- calendar with thumbnails
- archive by month, with thumbnails
- identify a post using its thumbnail
- simple "previous" and "next" browsing of posts
Ideas? Comments? Suggestions? Requests?
PS: If you would like to collaborate or help with this project, please email me or leave a comment on here. Thanks