WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

W3 Total Cache
[resolved] Fatal error: Call to undefined function apc_fetch (7 posts)

  1. Eddie - Digital Marketing Consultant
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Fatal error: Call to undefined function apc_fetch() in /wp-content/plugins/w3-total-cache/lib/W3/Cache/Apc.php on line 158

    Brought down wordpress after the last upgrade was installed. Some other W3TC enabled sites on the same server running same config (but different plugins and themes) did not break.

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/w3-total-cache/

  2. Frederick Townes
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    To manually change engine you can edit the wp-content/w3tc-config/master.php file and change pgcache/dbcache/objectcache.engine => 'apc' to 'disc' where applicapble.

  3. Eddie - Digital Marketing Consultant
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    That did not work. After I changed all 3 to disc I get a 500 and it doesn't even get logged to the vhost or apache's global error log.

  4. Eddie - Digital Marketing Consultant
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Also, eventhough I never before used APC caching, apc.ini is set to load but apc remains off.

    PS: I have newrelic installed.

  5. Frederick Townes
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    Remove the config files in wp-content/w3tc-config/ and wp-content/cache/config, then try again. The plugin does not use APC by default so it must be set elsewhere.

    I could be a config value from your old config in wp-content so if you have no issue resetting settings you can rename the old config file for testing purposes. Its called w3-total-cache-config.php.

  6. Eddie - Digital Marketing Consultant
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    I replaced every instance of 'apc' for 'disc' in all those config files and the plugin started working. I then upgraded to 0.9.2.7 and this time the upgrade didnt break anything.

    I am not sure why 0.9.2.6 decided to switch all caches to 'apc'

    thanks

  7. Purab Kharat
    Member
    Posted 6 months ago #

    I faced similier issue. I just deleted the w3 cache then removed the cache directory from wp-content folder and reinstalled the w3 cahce plugin and configured again..That works for me perfectly.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic