I've been using WordPress for a while. I wanted to change the user and password - now I can't get any mySQL account besides root to work in the wp-config.php.
I'm running mySQL (v 14.12) and wordpress on my own Linux box (Debian).
- I login to mySQL as root and create a new user and password, give them access to the database, and flush the privileges.
- I change wp-config.php to that username and password
- I try to load the blog in a browser, and get the "Error establishing a database connection"
- I change wp-config.php to the mySQL root's username and password
- The blog now comes up
- I can login to mySQL as the new user, and see the tables that it's been given permission for
Any tips? Thanks!