ERROR TRYING TO INSTALL WORDPRESS LOCALLY WITH WAMPSERVER!
Trying to use WampSever to run WordPress locally but getting an error. WampServer icon is green. I open Localhost, click on my project, and get this message:
"Error establishing a database connection"
Windows Vista Ultimate Version 6.0 (Build 6002: Service Pack 2)
WampServer Version 2.2
STEPS LEADING UP TO ERROR:
1. created a new database in phpMyAdmin
2. created a new user with user name and password
3. gave new user all privelages
4. created a new project forlder in the www directory
5. copied the contents of my WordPress download to the new folder
6. customized the wp-config.php file (database name, user name, password, pasted in new authentication keys and salts)
7. attempted to instal WordPress (entered "http://localhost/brandagents/wp-admin/install.php" in browser (got error); opened Localhost from WampServer, clicked on "brandagents" under "My Projects" and got error)