i found a bug which will generate a wrong download-link after i moved with my wordpress-site from my development server to my staging server.
i was looking around a bit and found the folling line of code in "eg-attachments-public.inc.php" line 101 and 115. in both lines the plugin is using the "guid" column of the post table - which is a not correct handling of getting attachment links. according to wordpress u should not use this column to generate links as it is just a global id for newsreaders. see "http://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_The_Site_URL" and search for "guid" in the text.
In my opinion u shoud use instead the wordpress-function
"get_attachment_link" to get the correct url for the file. Then people who move their sites won't have ny problems with that anymore...
Hope that u will change that soon and thx for the plugin.