WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Plugin Organizer
[resolved] DISABLE PLUGINS on page not working (10 posts)

  1. ibeedug
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    WordPress 3.5
    Plugin Organizer 2.5.6

    Great Plugin. It allows me to speed up my pages and avoid plug-in conflicts.

    I just updated the plugin and noticed that the DISABLE PLUGINS on the page is not working as it should.

    I selected to disable all the plugins on a page and nothing gets disabled.

    I have tried enabling/disabling the plugin via the WP Plugins panel.
    I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin.

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/plugin-organizer/

  2. Jeff Sterup
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    First update to version 2.5.7. Then make sure you have the PluginOrganizerMU.class.php in place as the instructions tell you. Then you must go to the settings page and enable selective plugin loading.

  3. ibeedug
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Thank you for your quick response.

    I have:

    • Upgraded the plugin to 2.5.7.
    • Made sure that the PluginOrganizerMU.class.php file is in the mu-plugin folder.
    • Made sure "selective plugin loading" is set to "enable"

    I still cannot disable plugins on the page even though they are all set to disable.

    Note:
    I have a mirror site that I use for development and testing. Your plugin works fine on it. I try to keep the same versions of plugins the same on both servers, but there might be a conflict somewhere. Have you heard of any known conflicts?

  4. Jeff Sterup
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    I havent heard of any conflicts after the plugin is set up correctly. It is usually not working because something didnt get set up right. When you go back to the settings page is the enable checkbox for selective plugin loading still checked?

  5. ibeedug
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Yes, ENABLE remains selected on the Settings page.

  6. Jeff Sterup
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    Did you try entering the URL in the URL admin to see if you can disable plugins that way?

  7. Jeff Sterup
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    After disabling the plugins on the post/page edit screen do you see an entry in the wp_PO_post_plugins database table with the url of the post/page?

  8. ibeedug
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #


  9. ibeedug
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Did you try entering the URL in the URL admin to see if you can disable plugins that way?

    Yes. I was able to successfully disable plugins using the URL admin. [Nice trick]

    After disabling the plugins on the post/page edit screen do you see an entry in the wp_PO_post_plugins database table with the url of the post/page?

    I used myPHPadmin to browse the database entries for wp_PO_post_plugins. I found that the URL for the page I was editing was incorrect. I am not sure if I had changed the parent for the page at one time, but the URL did not get updated in the DB, and was missing part of the new address.

    I directly edited the URL from within myPHPadmin and was successfully able to disable the plugin. All changes being made to the PAGE editor, are now displaying correctly in the DB.

    Now the your plug-in is back to working as it should be. Thanks for pointing me into the right direction.

  10. Jeff Sterup
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    There is a tool on the settings page that will go through the table and recreate the permalinks. That would probably fix your problem without editing your database directly.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.