Front-End Web Developer/PHP
The Blog Mill, a Kaboodle Ventures LLC company, is seeking a true front-end Web Developer focused on emerging web technologies to help develop dynamic CMS/corporate blogging solutions. Applicants must be able to work in a fast paced, team environment while maintaining their own priorities and workflow. This is a work anywhere position.
No degree required, killer work product is all we care about.
1-4+ years front-end web development experience.
Good communication skills... able to set expectations; estimate realistic timelines and project goals.
Able to work well with clients on design.
Passion for usability and information architecture.
Excellent organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
• XHTML - (Intermediate-Expert) - Should be able to hand code valid XHTML.
• CSS - (Intermediate-Expert) - Strong CSS knowledge required, including ability to hand code CSS based, cross-browser layouts.
• PHP - (Intermediate-Expert) - Experience in PHP development.
• MySQL - (Intermediate-Expert) - Ability to setup, configure and manipulate databases.
• Photoshop - (Intermediate) - Slicing, image manipulation and optimization of graphics.
• Experience with e-commerce/cart software and systems (osCommerce, ZenCart, etc.)
• Experience in light-CMS systems such as WordPress (preferred), Moveable Type and Textpattern.
• Experience with shorthand HTML systems such as Markdown and Textile (not that important)
• RSS/ATOM - Experience with XML syndication in multiple formats and schemas (pretty important).
• Experience with development in a LAMP local hosting environment (Apache/MySQL/PHP).
• Experience with AJAX and derivative technologies.
• Any proficiency in Perl.
• Any SEO (Search Engine Optimization) experience – we’ll teach you what you don’t know.
Hours, Salary & Bonuses
• Hours: Full Time (part-time one coming up shortly)
• Salary: Salary is commensurate based on experience
• Bonuses: Completion, Client Satisfaction, Upsell Commissions
• Equity Participation: 30% of the company is up for grabs based upon performance, quarterly profit sharing
• Potential to supervise future additions to the development team
The Blog Mill, a Kaboodle Ventures LLC company, markets, designs and develops corporate blogging solutions. Our clients range from small businesses to complex financial companies with tens of thousands of feeds to multi-blog social networking joint ventures. Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona with sales offices in Portland, Oregon and Dublin, California and development and SEO offices in Kyiv, Ukraine, we pride ourselves on being a task-oriented, wasteful meeting-free, client-focused organization.
Send Resume and links to work product