Hi David, sorry for delay,,, I was distracted by another job,, but I'm back on this now.
Last I did,
1) I have 2 existing admins users.
2) I registered a user via Membership registration (form includes BuddyPress Extended Fields) - Worked fine
3) I deleted that User
4) Membership shows the 2 admins
5) WP/Dashboard/Users/All Users shows: All (3) | Administrator (2) | Subscriber (1) | Pending (0) ,,,BUT, there are only 2 users displayed in All & Administrator (when clicked & displayed) & none in Subscriber when clicked on ,,, also now after the new user was deleted shouldn't it be: All (2) | Administrator (2) | Subscriber (0) | Pending (0),,, I would say yes, that seems logical & would be accurate to the current 'membership' numbers.
Note though, as far as I can tell,,, the Membership plugin is actually showing accurate info,, it's showing the 2 admins, and no mention of the deleted user via dashboard/Membership/All Member,, including to view by filters (subscription & access levels). It's only Dashboard/Users/All Users showing the inaccurate head count.
To be honest, this makes me a bit nervous, indicating that possibly something is 'off' in the DB,,, and I really want to avoid the issue/head count causing a problem (perhaps unanticipated at this time) down the road,,after the site is being heavily used by the club (Running club in the UK)
I've tried using the WP/Dashboard/Membership/Options/Repair Membership table stuff AND the WP/Dashboard/Tools/BuddyPress 'Count Total Members' And 'Repair user last activity' hoping that either of these would get everything back in sync.
What I'm going to do today is set up some test email addresses, register with say 10 new users,, then delete them 1 at a time & see what happens.
1) You mentioned WP has a 'Grace Period',,, do you know where that setting in the database is,,, I Googled some & all I get is wp.com deleting accounts stuff,, totally diff subject. I'd love to set that to (guessing) 0 or null or off or false,, whatever... Seems plausible to me that anything left over during this 'grace period' of a deleted member/user could be the source of the unSyncness (I love inventing new words)
2) Actually had another question,, but it's slipped my mind,, if it comes back,, I'll edit here.