I've read numerous topics on this but am still unsure what to do.
- 1 week ago, I installed a new WP 2.2 install
- I did not change the default char set or collation settings in the config file
- Install went fine, but 3 or 4 plugins I've installed since have problems and generating errors relative to collation - specifically latin1_swedish_ci
- Looking in phpMyAdmin and it says that my database charset is UTF-8 Unicode (utf8) and my collation is utf8_general_ci
- Looking in several of the tables related to the problem plugins, I see fields with latin1_swedish_ci
What should I do??
My blog is new with almost no content so a complete wipe and reinstall is not that big a deal. But if I do that, what settings should I use to prevent these problems from happening again?
Should I login to phpMyAdmin immediately after creating the database (but before any tables are created) and specify a different default collation?
Should I specify a collation in the DB_COLLATION in the WP config file rather than leaving it blank?