WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Custom taxonomy encoding issue (1 post)

  1. martinsundquist
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    I've created a custom post type (cpt) and two custom taxonomies (ctB) and (ctC).

    Now I'm trying to set up the following templates:
    taxonomy-ctB.php
    taxonomy-ctC.php

    The templates works fine as long as the taxonomy name doesn't contain "å, ä, ö". If they do - no posts shows up. If I replace "å, ä, ö" with "a, a, o" the listing of posts works fine, but the page looks like crap since the name isn't correct Swedish.

    So say that...
    cpt = Product
    ctB = Brand

    ...and then I create two products one called Örjan another called Stig, I put the first in the brand Åbergs and the second in Ericsson. The result would be:
    - Örjan product page works fine.
    - Stig product page works fine.
    - Åbergs taxonomy page looks good apart from the fact that it can't pull up the products for this brand.
    - Ericsson taxonomy page works fine.

    ... If I now change 'Åbergs' to 'Abergs' that taxonomy page works as well.

    Without having a clue what to do to fix this...

    I've changed DB_COLLATE to utf8_swedish_ci in wp-config.php.

    In the database I've also changed the collation for:
    - wp_term_taxonomy
    - wp_terms

    Not sure if it would help to change this too 'wp_term_relationships'.

    I've spent most of the day looking for similar issues and solutions but I haven't found anything.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

  • RSS feed for this topic
  • Started 1 year ago by martinsundquist
  • This topic is not resolved
  • WordPress version: 3.4.2