WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Relevanssi - A Better Search
Custom taxonomies partial name search? (7 posts)

  1. maorb
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    Hi,
    I am using Relevanssi to find terms in some custom taxonomies. I've noticed that searches are being returned only for terms that are being searched with their full names, but not with partial names.

    For example: If a term name of a custom taxonomy is "someone" and then I try to search "someone", I do get the post that attached to the term.
    But if I search "one", so this is not being returned.
    (I use Relevanssi in Hebrew, but I gave the example in English to demonstrate the issue)

    Is that a lack in Relevanssi, or is there some option that could be used to enable this?

    Thanks

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/relevanssi/

  2. Mikko Saari
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 3 years ago #

    If you have fuzzy search enabled, it should make no difference whether a word is in the post content or taxonomy title. Both are in the same index and function just like each other.

    So, check your option on fuzzy search. This should definitely work.

  3. maorb
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    Thanks for your quick reply.
    I have enabled the fuzzy for Always and rebuilt the index.
    What is going on now, is that if I have a tag with a full name, i.e. "Maor Barazany", then when I search for "Maor" I do not get results that the name is a tag, just in the title/content.
    Only if I search "Maor Barazany", then I get results for the tags as well.

    Thanks

  4. maorb
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    btw: If I add the "search in admin" option and search posts in the admin area, I do get all results needed, but in the front end it shows less results, as I mentioned above.

  5. Mikko Saari
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 3 years ago #

    I tried this in my test blog. When I add tag "Maor Barazany" on a post and search for "Maor", the post is found. No problems.

    If I look at the Relevanssi database, I find it is indexed correctly: there's one row for "maor" and one row for "barazany".

    Perhaps you could check your database table to see it's correct? Perhaps for some reason the tag is indexed as "maor barazany". I don't know much about Hebrew, but could that perhaps cause a problem somehow? I understand Hebrew uses regular spaces to separate words, right?

  6. maorb
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    Well as far as I know Hebrew uses regular spaces to separate words.

    I think that the issue is that I added an already existing and indexed tag to a post, so that this tag should not be indexed again as a new term of search, but only should just be noticed that another post is using an already existing tag.

    After you added the new tag, try to add this tag to another post and do a search, and see if you get all posts as the search results.

  7. Mikko Saari
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 3 years ago #

    I added the tag to another post, saved the post and it comes up just as it should.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic

Tags