I'm developing an application with WordPress that uses a custom post type. The post form will be public (front end) and allow anyone to create a new post. What I want to achieve is to allow the person posting to upload any amount of images, and for the theme to be able to take these uploaded images and turn them in to a gallery; they won't be directly integrated in the post content. I also want to limit the upload amount to 3 images for unregistered users, and any amount for registered users.
So, here's a list of what needs to happen:
- Display a public form to create a post
- Allow uploading of photos (preferably with a size cap)
- Limit uploading to 3 photos for unregistered users, unlimited for registered users
- Have the WordPress media gallery handle uploading so I'm not rolling my own upload function, and so it can generate thumbnail versions/various sizes
- Take these uploaded images and display them how I want within the structure of the WP theme (they will be loaded in to a custom developed gallery) -> so I would need the image attributes like the URL
Anyone have any idea what I could do?