Here's the situation.
1. I upgraded my blog and changed the structure of the links. It used to be myblog.com/001 (post number), now it's myblog.com/2006/11/post-slug
2. There are many cross-post links inside the posts, that link to another post. These links no longer work after the stucture has been changed.
3. The links from Google do not work either :(
1. Is there a way to put a cross-post link inside a post that will not be a permalink (i.e. it will link directly to the post's ID and WordPress will handle the permalink depending on its actual configuration)?
2. Is there a way to have the permalink working with both methods at the same time (i.e. myblog.com/001 and myblog.com/2006/01/post-slug work at the same time)?
If there is no way to link directly to post's ID, I think there should be. Think about it in the next version. I have like 600 posts, and changing cross-post links everytime I change a URL structure is a real pain :)