I know this topic has been discussed previously but am wondering if someone might have an amazing new suggestion that will work for me as nothing I have come across so far does.
- Mac, Intel, 10.5
- Have an old pc next to me with Explorer 8 (I think) and XP (I think).
- Work locally during development stage (MAMP)
- Don't mind paying a little bit if I have to but prefer not
Some methods of crossing browser testing I have looked at:
- Parallel: After several hours of not having much luck with other ideas even the thought of paying for this started to appeal - until I realised I would also have to purchase the windows operating system.
- ies4osx: This seemed good. Took me awhile to work out how it works etc but turns out at the moment only IE6 will work with it.
- Various online screen shot providers: Don't totally understand how this works but wont for me as I would like to test locally to start with.
- My pc: Again, can't use it to test locally (tried to network but crashed when I uploaded files) and can only run one IE at a time and that has to be the latest.
At the moment as a compromise I am looking at having to wait until the site is live before I can test then use the screen shot services and my pc - unless someone out there in WordPress world has the perfect solution for me?
Thanks for your time.