I was recently hacked and a web developer I turn to for assistance at times like these suggested your plugin Better WP Security. I installed it on one site and all seemed well. I began using it on multiple sites and I think I set some of the intrusion stuff too secure because when I tried to log into my websites it just kept taking me to the home page. the /wp-login and /admin links redirected to home. Luckily I am also using Manage WP.com and was able to deactive the plugin.
I tried to keep a log of the setting changes I made (see below). Can you tell me what setting I should change so I don't have this problem again. I'd really like to reactive the plug in but also need to get in. ;-)
Added Better WP Security plugin by Bit51.com version 3.3. Modified settings:
* Require Strong Passwords for Contributors and above
* Remove EditURI header clicked
* Under Header Tweaks, selected Remove WordPress Generator Meta Tag and Remove wlwmanifst header
* Under Dashboard Tweaks selected Hide Theme, Plugin and Core Update Notifications
* Enabled Away Mode and made the site not accessible daily between 2 am - 7 am
* Enabled Login Limits (with default settings)
* Enabled 404 Detection
* Whitelisted my IP address so I don't get blocked because of accidental 404 Erors
* Selected Blacklist Repeat Offenders under Intrusion Detection
* Changed the database table prefix from the default wp_. to XXXXXX_
* removed generic ADMIN user.