The only way I was able to get what I wanted was to remove the title function in the footer.php file. I'll try to guide you and I'm sure you'll find it.
1) find the "Appearance" menu on the left-hand side of your WP dashboard and click "Appearance" to open the menu.
2) click on "Editor" within the "Appearance" menu. You should see on the right-hand side a list of the files that comprise the "Blackbird" theme template.
3) In the list of files, click on "Footer (footer.php)". You'll see code for the Footer area to the left of the list of files.
4) Scroll down through the code and look for the line of code "<span class="blog-desc">". That line of code is several lines below the line of code "<!--End Footer-->".
5) Copy and highlight the code line or lines just after "<span class="blog-desc">" and before the line of code "<?php echo get_bloginfo('description'); ?>". Paste them into a notepad or word file and save the file just in case you want the original code from some reason in the future. I haven't needed it, but I'm a bit paranoid.
6)Now delete the code line or lines that you've just saved.
7)Now, in the same place that you removed that bit of code, type in your copyright text. I typed in "Copyright ©2013 The Review".
So to show you the line before the typed text and the line under the typed text, in addition to the typed text, you should have the following (with your own website title, of course):
Copyright ©2013 The Review
<?php echo get_bloginfo('description'); ?>
Now just hit "Update File" to make the change stick and it should work.