This post may be of some help for those of you trying to install Contact Form 7 in a Modal/Lightbox Window that Rainmaker Webdesign provided instruction on.
I spent hours trying to install this and after lots of digging, testing and troubleshooting I notice that there are a number of mistakes in the code posted in the instructions on the Rainmaker Webdesign website. I just wanted to pass this on to others who may have had the same issue and save them some time.
1) Make sure you have the Grunion Contact Form that comes by default with WordPress Deactivated. It conflicts with the display of the this contact form on a page.
2) The images zip file is missing "curtainbg.png" which is called for by the CF7 stylesheet. This file just acts as the background for your lightbox so it won't break the function of the plugin. It's easy enough to make your own. I made a 200x200 gray image with 70% opacity.
3) The sidebar.php modification will only work if you have a plugin like "PHP Code Widget plugin installed and activated.
<?php wp_head(); ?> --- it took me a while to figure that one out.
5) In the Header.php BODY tag code there is the same mistake twice on the same line: Where is says:
<? it should be
6) Also in the Header.php BODY tag code there is a mistake on a line showing
<H2> with a closing tag
7) You will need an updated JQuery for this to work it. You can use their instructions to add the JQuery code to the Functions.php so that it using the newer version. I use WP 3.0.1 and the JQuery that came default didn't work.
Note: This is just a Lightbox effect, but not using Lightbox to function. I use the Lightbox 2 plugin, but still had to do the Functions.php mod for JQuery. Or I could have just upgraded my JQuery manually I suppose.
I hope this helps some of you get this form working with the modal/lightbox. I notified the Rainmaker website so hopefully they will fix their instructions.