I moved away from raw HTML/Jquery to WordPress to avoid complicated integration issues every time I changed my web-site. Now I've replaced it with post-installation configuration issues where I fix one thing and another breaks. Need some help on this.
1) Log into my wordpress dashboard. Go to "Visit Site" and then can't get back to Dashboard. Have to create new Dashboard sessions. Yikes!
2) Have dynamic IP address allocation from my router. When router IP address changes, my site can't display pictures. Path references old IP address.
3) www users can't see my blog - timeouts or lost formatting.
1) Domain (bentleyridingcentre.co.uk) set to point to routers IP address. e.g. http://18.104.22.168/wordpress/
2) WordPress Address (URL) set to my web-servers IP in wp-config. i.e. define('WP_SITEURL', 'http://192.168.1.66/wordpress');
3) WordPress Site Address (URL) set to http://bentleyridingcentre.co.uk in settings/general
4) Router setup with port-forwarding on 80, 443, 3306, 3389 & 4125.
Been trying to figure this out for days. Tried configuring based on some of the forum related issues. e.g. Set both wordpress & site address to my domain but then lost localhost login to dashboard.
Can anyone help or point me to a tutorial/video that actually goes thru this step-by-step?
Thanks in anticipation.
PS: The only success I had today is when I finally lost it with my router and opened up all ports to my web-server. Everything worked except I now had a server that was vulnerable. Stepped back from there and now trying to get it working properly.