I have previously created a few user roles, now I need to update the role names.
Since the user roles are visible to users only in the register form, I've tried using JS replace to just simply overwrite the names in the browser. Didn't work though, probably the ajax implementation or the registration form (handled with UserPro).
Also tried updating wp_user_roles in wp_options table where I have a string like this
I changed the s:13:"Professional"; to s:13:"Company", since I need Professional-role to be named Company-role. No luck, crashed the site.
Is there a simple way I can achieve this, I have a lot of users so re-creating the roles doesn't seem very tempting.