Hi, I'm creating this website:
and it doesn't display Polish letters (they change to question marks). You can see this at the end of the first post, here: http://klikerlab.pl/wordpress/?p=1
Check your language and encoding:
Is it UTF-8?
Do you have this:
/** Database Charset to use in creating database tables. */ define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8');
Do you have something like this (good) or is your charset hard-coded (bad):
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="<?php bloginfo('html_type'); ?>; charset=<?php bloginfo('charset'); ?>" />
Has your theme added an incorrect lang= (en-US is US English)? I don't know if this affects display or not.
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" dir="ltr" lang="en-US">
2. wp-config.php - yes, I have this line. But I also found this in the file:
* WordPress Localized Language, defaults to English.
* Change this to localize WordPress. A corresponding MO file for the chosen
* language must be installed to wp-content/languages. For example, install
* de.mo to wp-content/languages and set WPLANG to 'de' to enable German
* language support.
So maybe I should create a folder "languages" in wp-content folder (because I don't have one), and install there... something? Thanks for ideas.
and it says:
$wp_default_secret_key = 'wprowadz tutaj unikatowa fraze';
is it something that would support Polish language??
Update: now it works, I had to download a plugin UTF-8 Database Converter.
This topic has been closed to new replies.