Hi, when I installed wordpress 2.9 over 2.8.5, all posts were marked as Uncategorized. The categories still exist, but not everywhere. Link categories are also broken.
I then deleted the mySQL database, installed 2.9 and ran install.php, and uploaded the XML file. To my surpise, the categories are still broken.
Here are some symptoms:
- posts are all uncategorized
- the link widget does not work
- categories.php does not show any category
- adding a category works, but no posts can be associated to it
- categories are visible under "Most used", but not "All categories" in the post edit form.
How to debug this?