My blogger blogs were all FTP to a host, so I had to convert them into a blogspot blog in order to import into WordPress. I didn't have difficulty doing this on blogger's end, so that was easy enough. I was having a lot of problems importing from my new temp blogspot blog into wordpress, however, (about 1200 posts) and I have tried nearly everything suggested by people, including:
- import into a wordpress.com blog first before importing it into my hosted wordpress blog
- various changes to code (including schmidt00's suggestion above)
- switched hosts (not sorry I did that, but it made one problem go away and still left me unable to export my blogspot blog into any wordpress system with success
- a bunch of other stuff (check my support posts on this forum to see)
Anyway, what I realized was the problem was this (at least so far): when I was importing blogger posts into my blogspot blog, I wasn't telling them to be published. I didn't see the need; they were still there in the blogspot blog, labeled as "imported". I also had a lot of draft posts that were never published that imported as well, and were labeled "imported draft." I was then doing an import into wordpress and finding that it would only take a handful of those posts. So I did the things I listed above, but to no avail. I then noticed it was only importing the "imported drafts" and I got to thinking maybe I needed to publish all the posts.
I published the first 100, with them now sitting in my blogspot account like a "normal" post without the imported tag. I then imported into wordpress and the published posts went in just fine, as did the imported drafts. The unpublished posts still labeled "imported" over at blogspot, however, would not import.
It never occurred to me that I would have to be importing published blogspot posts, that merely imported but unpublished posts would not do, but it seems that is the case. I am also able to import directly into the wordpress hosted account, and not go through the hassle of a wordpress.com temp account first.
I'm still in the midst of the import, but this seems to be the case. So far. I hope.