After updating to WordPress 3.5, setting image title is not possible without using workarounds and additional clicks which slow down your productivity.
- edit post
- click "Add media"
- click on "Upload files" - only then it's possible to choose "Select files", this regression and additional click is introduced by WordPress 3.5
- choose the file you want to upload
- you will see "Attachment Details" to the right - with options like Title, Caption - in "Title", put any new title, like "New title which won't work" and hit "Insert into post"
- the newly inserted image will have no title, although it was set a while ago!
- you have to edit the image, go over the settings again and set the title once again to set the title - yet another regression introduced by WordPress 3.5.