WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Cannot Edit or Delete Pages, Cannot Delete Posts (6 posts)

  1. cpradio
    Member
    Posted 6 years ago #

    Screenshots:
    http://cpradio.org/images/pages-edit-delete-missing.png

    http://cpradio.org/images/posts-delete-missing.png

    The delete posts option and the edit/delete pages option are missing, and I can't for the life of me figure out why. Does anyone have a clue? I haven't modified any of the files as of yet.

  2. Abdulkareem
    Member
    Posted 6 years ago #

    Dear cpradio,
    as a matter of fact I still waiting for some answer. I have exactly the same problem.
    I search the internet and nothing appears to be good.

    --Abdulkareem

  3. Abdulkareem
    Member
    Posted 6 years ago #

    Yeeeeeeeeeeeah,
    This problem caused by some how from the database.
    I just install the WordPress 2.2.1 with a new database and it works fine with all functions.
    I think there are some problem when we converting the database.

    --Abdulkareem

  4. cpradio
    Member
    Posted 6 years ago #

    Well, thanks for reporting this is a larger problem than just myself, it is at least good to know that much.

  5. cpradio
    Member
    Posted 6 years ago #

    I solved it. If you open phpMyAdmin or something similar query your wp_options table. My problem was due to changing the table name prefix. Run the following query:

    SELECT * FROM wp_options WHERE option_name LIKE '%user_roles%'

    REPLACE wp_ with your table prefix.

    If you have two of them, you need to determine which you want to delete. I did this by looking for a few keywords, ie: delete_pages, delete_others_pages, etc.

    If one of your rows has that, then keep that one and delete the others. If you have any doubts about doing this, contact me at forums [at] cpradio [dot] net

  6. crSteve
    Member
    Posted 5 years ago #

    Thank you for this fix!

    I was getting a little annoyed that as the Administrator I didn't have permission to delete posts.

    I had already replaced everything with the new table prefixes, but deleting that second DB Table entry did the trick.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic