Greetings Support Team,
I was going to complete a draft post that I had saved before the upgrade to 3.6 on Friday, and now I'm not able to make any edits in visual or text mode. Here is a list of things I noticed I'm not able to do since accessing my draft post:
1. The only visual button I have access to along my toolbar is the "Add Media" button. That's it! Not sure where all the other buttons such as -- bold, underline, italics, etc. -- went . . but they are all missing.
2. I notice that I am not able to toggle open any of the screen options that I use in the dashboard area of my blog. Not quite sure what's going on with that, but I cannot toggle open any of them.
3. I use WordPress SEO by Yoast and I'm not able to toggle open the drop down menu to type in my SEO title, Meta description, etc.
4. I don't care which mode I'm in - Visual or Text - the content area where I know I typed information and saved it a week ago is not visible either. I know that there is text there because when I click and drag my mouse over the whole content area which highlights it, I can see what I have written. But when its not highlighted, the content area of my draft post is blank.
5. I can type the tags in the field that I want to assign to my post, but when I click the button to add them, the button doesn't work.
Before posting here, I did go do some of the quick trouble-shooting suggestions that were offered with 3.6. Here is what happened with those suggestions:
1. I did clear browsing data such as emptying cache and deleting cookies and other sites and plug-in data. That didn't solve my problems.
2. I deactivated all of my plugins to see if that helped - It didn't change anything. So I reactivated them one by one and still there was no change.
3. I switched to the 2012 theme to rule out that there may be conflicts with my customized theme. The same issues that I'm having with my customized theme showed up with this 2012 theme activated.
4. As far as manually upgrading to version 3.6, that is what I did in the first place. I don't like the automatic upgrade feature because it does strange things to my customization. So I've been doing manual upgrades since I launched my blog online January 2011.
So . . .
Would it be better if I re-install version 3.5.2 for now until all the kinks with 3.6 get worked out at this time?