WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Contact Form 7 Analytics by Found
[resolved] [Campaign Name] is missing in plugin generated report (11 posts)

  1. illians
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hi Dora,

    I am a recent user of your plugin and I find it terrific!
    Saved me tons of work.

    Now to the point:
    I'am running a 3.1.3 on Prima theme (www.imer.biz) with fresh GA tracking code installed.
    I've installed and added the "found" plugin successfully to my forms and added the tags where appropriate.

    I'am getting the reports like this:

    --------------------------------------------
    Campaign Source: google
    Campaign Name: (not set)
    Campaign Medium: PPC
    Campaign Term: remedii hepatita c
    Campaign Content: (not set)

    The problem is with the Campaign Name and Campaign Content properties. I really need this information.

    My Adwords and Google Analytics accounts are properly linked: e.g I can see the Campaign Name and Content properties in my GA account.

    What went wrong? What can I do to fix it?

    Thanks,

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/contact-form-7-analytics-by-found/

  2. Found
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hi illians,

    Thanks for getting in touch and glad you're finding the plugin useful.
    In order to see the campaign name, your campaign url's need to be manually tagged. Can you please try this, test and let me know how you get on?

    Thanks,
    Dora

  3. illians
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hi,
    Thanks for the quick response!

    I've manually tagged one of my campaigns.

    Here is the cookie info :

    166847014.1360671998.6.3.utmcsr=google|utmgclid=CN3e7YvjsLUCFchd3godhAwAXQ|utmccn=AKH-Ro-LP|utmcmd=PPC|utmctr=clinica austria

    But the Campaign name still (not set).

    Message that I've got:

    -------------------------------------------
    Campaign Source: google
    Campaign Name: (not set)
    Campaign Medium: PPC
    Campaign Term: \\\

    Any ideas on how to fix?

    Thanks,

  4. Found
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hi ilians,

    I had a quick look at the cookie info you provided and was able to spot a little issue.
    According to google the __utmz cookie format is:

    __utmz=XXXX.TTTTT.V.C.utmccn=<campaign>|utmcsr=<source>|
    utmcmd=<medium>|utmctr=<keyword>

    The Plugin uses the utmccn variable to populate the campaign name info and that is missing from your cookie info.
    You need to tweak your tracking url's in order to include it.

    Thanks,
    Dora

  5. illians
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hi Dora,

    Thanks for your response.

    The utmccn field is right there in the cookie info in my prev. message, it is just not displayed properly(there is horizontal scroll).

    I'll re-paste here:

    |utmccn=AKH-Ro-LP|

    So this is not the issue.

    I desperately need the solution! Hope you can help me out.

    Thanks,

  6. Found
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    Oh, sorry didn't see the end of the string.
    Checking and i'll update you as soon as i find the solution.

    Thanks,
    Dora

  7. Found
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hi,

    I run the cookie parsing algorithm on your data and i got the following:
    Google Analytics information:

    --------------------------------------------
    Campaign Source: google
    Campaign Name: AKH-Ro-LP
    Campaign Medium: PPC
    Campaign Term: clinica austria
    Campaign Content: PPC

    So as you can see, it's correctly parsed.
    Can you please clear your browser cookies, clear your cache and go to your site via the manually tagged url?

    It should be fine.

    Thanks,
    Dora

  8. illians
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hi Dora,

    Great Success!!!

    I've tried again as you suggested with manually tagged url and deleted browser cookie info and it worked!

    Now the campaign name is displayed!

    Google Analytics information:
    --------------------------------------------
    Campaign Source: google
    Campaign Name: AKH-Ro-LP
    Campaign Medium: PPC
    Campaign Term: \\\

    The problem is that the Campaign Term is omitted :(

    The cookie info is:

    166847014.1360750640.2.2.utmcsr=google|utmgclid=CKyGjYiIs7UCFQNd3godQGkAzw|utmccn=AKH-Ro-LP|utmcmd=PPC|utmctr="cancerul"

    The campaign term is right there:

    utmctr="cancerul"

    We are so close to resolution!!

    Do you have any suggestions? I'll be forever grateful )

    Thanks,

  9. Found
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hi,

    Great to hear that helped!
    The quotes around the utmctr probably don't help, so can you please change the term to plain text only, no spaces to start with and go through the process again?

    Thanks,
    Dora

  10. illians
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Hi Dora,

    That worked!!

    You ROCK!!

    Thanks a bunch!
    I am forever grateful)

    Example:

    Google Analytics information:

    --------------------------------------------
    Campaign Source: google
    Campaign Name: AKH-Ro-LP
    Campaign Medium: PPC
    Campaign Term: akh viena
    Campaign Content: PPC

  11. Found
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 1 year ago #

    Super! Glad to have been of help!
    Please let me know if you run into more issues with the plugin and i'll do my best to help you debug.

    Thanks,
    Dora

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic