I have an account on my blog named "Carthik".
I tried to log in as "carthik", and I could not.
I used the passowrd recovery prompt with username "carthik" and I was sent the password (though I should not have , since "carthik" is different from "Carthik", when it comes to logging in.
This caused confusion, since I tried logging in as "carthik" with the password sent in the email to me, but could not.
Later on a whim, I tried to log in as "Carthik" and I was able to.
I thought somebody might be interested in learning about this bug.
Please excuse me if this is not the right place to post Bug Reports, I was following precedents.