I'm just starting out with WP and I'm playing around with adding attachments to posts. I have a brand shiny new installation of 2.0.5. I am not an HTML/CSS/PHP dummy but solving this in someone else's complex code is a little beyond my skills, which is why I am logging this bug report.
I have managed to work out how to add simple photo attachments via the upload/browse/send to editor method, and the difference between thumbnail and original options. That works fine.
So as an experiment, I tried uploading a video file. I wasn't expecting it to work actually, but it did exactly what I hoped, allowing me to link it directly as a download with some descriptive text as the anchor. Fine. The problem is that the URL which was inserted when I sent to editor was wrong.
What I got when inserted (I am showing here only the base-relative URLs not full) was:
Clearly this isn't the correct upload URL, and of course the link doesn't work. However, when I copied into the anchor link the relative URL from the picture I'd uploaded in the same test post, it worked and linked correctly:
This shows that the upload is working fine, but something in the inline_uploading.php code is inserting this incorrect URL for non-pics when doing the "send to editor". Perhaps someone more familiar with this code can track down the buggy section and issue a patch for this. Many thanks.