WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

BUG: class-wp-list-table.php on line 140 (12 posts)

  1. idbill
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    /home2/writinl4/public_html/angeltrivia/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-list-table.php on line 140

    the if statement referenced is:

    if ( !$args['total_pages'] && $args['per_page'] > 0 ) {
                $args['total_pages'] = ceil( $args['total_items'] / $args['per_page'] );
            }

    I checked the variables, and they were set as so:

    $args['total_pages'] = 0
    $args['per_page'] = 20
    $args['total_items'] = ( array of items )

    Uh.. can't divide an array!

    So I changed the if calculation to:

    if ( !$args['total_pages'] && $args['per_page'] > 0 ) {
                $args['total_pages'] = ceil( count( $args['total_items'] ) / $args['per_page'] );
            }

    and it works...

    Not... sure where to post this bug.... so here it is for others.

  2. Post it on trac.wordPress.org please and thank you :)

  3. tirussell
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    I get the same error after upgrading from 3.0 to 3.2 and it persists in 3.2.1.

    The suggested fix seems to work, but I am loathe to hack core.

    idbill - let's compare plugins: I've already tried disabling all those that wouldn't totally mess up my production setup.

  4. idbill
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    The Support ticket linked below was closed:
    http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/16842

    The Active Plugins are:
    WPAUTOP
    Disables the wpautop function for the_content and the_excerpt.
    Version 1.0 | By Nick Momrik | Visit plugin site

    Random Post Link
    Generates a link that takes a user to a random post, but never the same as before.
    Version 1.0.1 | By scribu | Visit plugin site

    WP Minify
    This plugin uses the Minify engine to combine and compress JS and CSS files to improve page load time.
    Version 1.0.4 | By Thaya Kareeson | Visit plugin site

  5. Turn them ALL off and see if it goes away.

  6. idbill
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    I'll suggest that to the designer.

  7. tirussell
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    idbill - did you ever get this resolved? I have tried toggling almost all my plugins individually, without effect. Unfortunately, I can't turn all my plugins off without taking an entire university offline (and I have concerns about some critical plugins retaining their settings upon reactivation).

  8. tirussell - Two thoughts.

    1) Turn off as many as you CAN at once.
    2) Duplicate your site locally and see if you can recreate the problem.

  9. idbill
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    For the site that I originally reported the issue, the problem as far as I know still exists.

    For the other dozen or so sights that I admin, it has not been an issue.

  10. tirussell
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    The reason I'm following up is because idbill's fix breaks pagination everywhere else in the backend - you only get the first page of posts/comments/pages/etc.

    I duplicated my entire site locally (hey, easyphp is great!) and deactivated all my plugins including MU and drop-ins.

    Same error.

    Thought it might be something in my theme, since that's the only thing still not core (right?) so activated 2011.

    Same error.

  11. idbill
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    If my fix breaks pagination, then your problem is different than the one I reported.

    The problem I was reporting, was because:
    $args['total_items'] = ( array of numbers )

    when wordpress expects:
    $args['total_items'] = [ a number ]

    which is undoubtedly from the the plugin:
    'Random Post Link'

    Please verify that your error is the same as mine, then verify the variables are what you think they should be.

  12. tirussell
    Member
    Posted 3 years ago #

    I can confirm that my $args['total_items'] is a multidimensional array containing all the comments. I may have been incorrect about the pagination issue.

    I should say WAS an array; I think I found the source of the problem.

    I had run the auto-updater the last two updates, and it must have missed something, because I found that overwriting the top-level wp-includes directory (not the admin one) with a freshly-downloaded copy solved the issue. I went back and did all the files one-by-one to find the culprit.

    In my case (hopefully yours too so this can help), the file /wp-includes/comments.php needed to be updated. The version on my server was 63891 bytes, and the fresh copy is 66495 bytes.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic

Tags