I backed up my wordpress using both methods. Firstly using SQL export, and then secondly doing the export feature under tools from the wordpress dashboard.
I had to rebuild my QNAP TS259 to put an encrypted volume on it. So when I got wordpress back up and running tried to import the SQL but came up with an error. So then I did import from the tools under the dashboard.
The sight comes back up but for some reason some of the pictures are not coming up. I edited one of the posts and redid the picture and it worked fine. When I compare one of the other posts with this one in the HTML view I see no difference in the URL that is used for the inserted pictures.
I am not sure what is going on. Really don't want to go back through all my posts and have to reinsert the pictures .....