WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Javelin Email Marketing
Broadcasts incorrectly going to all subcribers (5 posts)

  1. chrisherndon
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    I have 2 newsletter lists. One for my admin team and the other for the entire membership. Broadcast messages go out to everyone regardless of which newsletter is selected. The two newsletters display the correct subscribers in each list. There are 2 in one list and 135 in the other. Regardless of the newsletter selected, 137 emails go out. Any ideas?

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-responder-email-autoresponder-and-newsletter-plugin/

  2. kdatasystems
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    I am also experiencing this problem and wanted to note that the From email address of the broadcast sent out is not correct. In my case, it appears that the From address is always the value of the first newsletter I created, even when I am broadcasting another newsletter.

    If there is any other information I can provide, please let me know.

    Thank you in advance!

  3. rajasekharan
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    I temporarily removed the feature for disallowing broadcasts when posting an email. I will re add that provision in a future version.

  4. kdatasystems
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    I spent time today reviewing the version 5.3.7 source code and may have determined why my newsletters are being sent to all subscribers in the site, regardless of the newsletter they are subscribed to. In the "run_for_time" function of broadcast_processor.php, there is a SQL query fetching the newsletter and subscibers of the current broadcast being processed. The WHERE clause of the SQL query does not appear to limit the results to the current newsletter only. In the code I reviewed, the query returns the subscribers for all newsletters. As a potential solution, I added an additional filter to the WHERE clause to check that the newsletter ID is equal to the NID variable ('newsletters'.'id' = $nid). I tested a few broadcasts following the change I made and it appears to have corrected my problem. I posted my findings here in hopes that Rajasekharan may be able to confirm what I stumbled upon and suggest whether or not this is a valid solution.

    Thank you for all your efforts and hard work Rajasekharan!

  5. rajasekharan
    Member
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Thanks for pointing this out. I'll be sure to include this fix in the next version.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic