I am the Broadcast MU dev, I loved the idea of Multipost MU and I had been looking for a similar plugin for ages but never found it, the problem was exactly this that it had no selective posting. I am so glad to see this added and to be honest I would like to work with the Multipost MU dev to try and add a few improvements to his as I think it could be made even better....
I have made a few changes on my own version which I would like to share.
- Move the settings page to Site Admin
- Remove 'MU' from the title of the post page meta box - it will be more user friendly this way
- Change the wording of 'Post to the following blogs:' to 'Post to:'
- Alphabetise the blog list
- Improve the layout of the blog list
- Move the check all feature down just to keep it tidy (I admit this may be bad on a big list?
- Remove italics and brackets from the check feature
I also would like to make a few suggestions to improvements which could be made...
- Select all is a great feature but have an option to set the default to off or on - half way there just needs the options page setting.
- There is no need to have the 'Enable Multipost MU?' and it doesn't seem to do anything for me
- Make Multipost MU work from sub blogs as well as the main blog.
- Ensure the settings are stored site wide, i think they are?
Also there is a bug which I have reported to the forum, it seems to be resultant of this new feature you added and probably down to the fact that the plugin is designed to post from the top level blog and I was posting from a sub blog.
I wonder if we could 'merge' the two some how, and by merge I really mean add the cool features of mine to the cool features of yours and put a redirect on my one?
Also a problem I noted when I was developing Broadcast MU was that uses or the sunrise hack for allowing multiple domains for some reason were not getting the blog name, so I added a fall back to put a url there if there was no blog title which was a hacky patch but made the guy happy.
Let me know what you think to this epic-post as I am aware you may not want my help or merge etc...
Messy code merge: http://dropbox.unknowndomain.co.uk/broadcast-mu-and-multipost-mu-feature-merge.txt