I really hope someone can help me with this massive problem I have experienced.
I wondered if anyone had any ideas as to what has happened or suggestions of how to fix what I believe is a problem with the css rendering of my site after updating it to v1.8 from 1.3 of the Graphene theme.
The site is live with v 1.8: http://aroundtheworldtravels.co.uk
However this is an image of the previous version: http://alistairwilliams.com/aroundtheworldtravel/previous-home-page-v-1.3.jpg
(I was running the old version and did not want to update for a long time because a lot of the changes was not using child themes - lesson learnt!)
Issues you can see:
1. The latest blog doesn't appear on the home page
2. The sidebars do not exist on the home page
3. The footer content is all over the place
4. The pages sidebars are not functioning despite playing with the sidebar settings
5. Also, I have seen the visual display editor has a problem also! http://alistairwilliams.com/aroundtheworldtravel/editor.jpg
I have tried the following to look for a fix after souring this forum and wider web:
1. Checked to ensure the standard wordpress and theme options are set correctly
2. Ensured the Graphene settings are the same. I find that when I apply the new "extend slider to full width" option that it actually makes it worse: http://alistairwilliams.com/aroundtheworldtravel/slider-extended.jpg
3. Ensured it was not a plugin I disabled them all and the result was the same
4. Cleared my cache
I couldn't find anything that was so wrong to cause this proble, but suspect it is something cmall I am missing.
I concluded I must have some core coding and/or css issues, but with the complexity of the css for graphene's v1.8 have not ideas how to do this.
Is there something small that is wrong in the code that will provide the update and yet keep the general css styling of the previous version?
This site has been live for 3 years now and just gaining some momentum to break like this may need some investment, but I wondered if there was something I could do in the meantime to fix these issues.