I have been facing a persistent problem with my WordPress site tamilnadurecipes.com . I am able to see the wp-admin login page and also login effectively but am faced with a blank page against dashboard. The left panel is visible and portions of it like the 'Ads' , 'Meta-Morphosis' works but most the the tabs give out a blank page.
I have tried a list of things before coming across and joining this formun
Mostly through FTP as admin does not work
1. Disable and activate all plugins
2. Revert back to the default theme through FTP
3. Increase the memory limit
4. Remove blank spaces from beginning and end of config files
5. Do a couple of complete manual upgrades to version 3.8 and not to 3.8.1 (Was on version 2.2 or so earlier)
The last upgrade, I realized this could be a PHP issue from a plugin and while trying to activate 'akismet' I checked the error log and saw the following error recorded.
"[23-Mar-2014 09:31:36 America/Denver] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function plugin_dir_url() in /home3/userabc/public_html/wp-content/plugins/akismet/akismet.php on line 32"
Pleas help me troubleshoot this.