WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[resolved] Automatic update of plugins (5 posts)

  1. dikkydik
    Member
    Posted 5 years ago #

    Hi,

    I have a problem/question:

    I have WP 2.7 running but wp never sees an update of any plugins.
    But, i know for sure that at least 1 plugin can be updated ( checked it manually: WP Super Cache 0.8.6 can be upgraded to 0.8.7). Does anybody have any ideas why I am not getting update notifications?

    Few things to know:
    When I create a complete backup of my site and restore it to my local environtment (localhost on my laptop) it does work and possible updates of plugins are shown.

    Anyone any suggestions?

    Regards, dikkydik

  2. MichaelH
    Member
    Posted 5 years ago #

  3. dikkydik
    Member
    Posted 5 years ago #

    Read the thread (second link), but summs it up about that.

    Installed the core plugin and started 'playing' with it.
    When I run 'Check for plugin updates Now', I get an error, but does not give me any insight:

    Last updated: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 15:05:26 -0500 (2 minuten ago)
    16 plugins checked, there are updates available for 0 plugin(s)
    Check for plugin updates Now
    Checking for updates...
    An Error occured during the update check

    update:

    Enabled 'External HTTP Access Logger' from the core plugin and tried to update again receiving the following:

    HTTP Transports
    Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Invalid arguments passed in /home/aartsen/public_html/wp-content/plugins/core-control/modules/core_control_http_log.php on line 318

    Guess it is there somewhere, but i can't make heads or toes from it...

  4. MichaelH
    Member
    Posted 5 years ago #

    Seems that logger is for 2.8 0r 2.7.1.

    Try the HTTP Access Module 0.6 (External HTTP Access link at top of screen once radio button is checked0 and then test each of the transports and disable any transports that fail.

  5. dikkydik
    Member
    Posted 5 years ago #

    Well, looked at everything and finally I found the problem.

    I had a post where the character é was in the header and in the post itself. After i removed it and made it just e, all works fine.

    Don't ask me how or where it went wrong, but this is the fix for me

    Thanks all for your help and suggestions

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic