hi all, just to add to this discussion:
I have disabled WP-Cron.
I set up a manual cron script which triggers WP-Cron in 5min intervals.
The following is completely reproducible:
1. I set up a new post.
2. The very first time I publish this post, SNAP will take the correct picture.
3. The next time i re-publish ANY post, SNAP publishes that latest successfully posted picture to Facebook
4. This picture keeps on getting posted in every "old" post i repost
5. When I publish a new featured picture in a new post, SNAP takes that very pictures as a new "reference" and posts that one from then on
My questions are:
- what's going on here?
- What are the names of those "third party plugins that make posts sometimes publish post without featured image and then add it later"
- Will "Reset all SNAP Data" help in the case of republishing?
- WIll re-publishing with a newer date and time in the near future help?
- Will a shorter update of WP-Cron help (e.g. 1min?)
I am really lost here. The post function is almost unusable.