I'm about to demolish and rebuild my ageing but successful website and have chosen WordPress as the foundation. I'm keen to make it very accessible and interactive and have had an idea on how I can tie my content and external sources together.
This stems from the idea of affiliate links - I'd like to be able to define keywords (such as manufacturer or product name) in my content have something that auto generates a dropdown menu that displays the following:
• a link to the original manufacturers or product site
• a search link to find all related news stories in my site
• a search link to find all related reviews in my site
• a search link for my Youtube account
• a search link for my Flickr account
Ideally, I'd like for this to appear only in the first instance of the word in a post rather than littering my content with annoying links.
Does anyone know if this can be done, or am I looking at getting some WordPress wiz to knock me up a plugin?