WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

Recently Popular
[resolved] After WP upgrade to 3.3.1, Recently Popular kills page load midway through (6 posts)

  1. hamradiojohn
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Hello,

    I have been using Recently Popular with success for WP 3.2.x. I upgraded to 3.3.1. Most plugins continue to work just fine. Recently popular for some reason de-activated itself and pulled itself from the widget column. I replaced it and now the web page stops loading leaving a partially complete web page. Removing the widget also causes the partial web page. Only de-activating the RP plugin restores full page load.

    This is not the first time I have seem plugins cause this issue, but it has been a while. The only difference this time was a whole sale upgrade of plugins and WP to the latest version as of Feb 16, 2012.

    I use the Prosense Blue theme with some custom modifications and that could also be a problem. I will research.

    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/recently-popular/

  2. ebiven
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 2 years ago #

    I'm using it in several 3.3.1 sites with no problem. Is there anything in your web server logs?

  3. Jack Yan
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Hamradiojohn, did you ever find out if it was the plug-in?

    I am using other ones but since today I have had the same problem as you: partial loading. However, I have deactivated all my plug-ins (including the one that was updated today) to no avail. Just wondering if some plug-ins might actually affect WordPress itself (e.g. modify code in the software).

  4. ebiven
    Member
    Plugin Author

    Posted 2 years ago #

    Jack, can you check your web server logs for errors?

  5. Jack Yan
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Ebiven, I can, but in the meantime, I have traced the bug to another plug-in which upgraded today (Artiss Social Bookmarks) and have reported it to the author. Apparently there was a problem and he will remedy it immediately.

  6. hamradiojohn
    Member
    Posted 2 years ago #

    Hi Folks,

    I'm now reasonably convinced I was simply running out of memory. Upping the PHP memory_limit from 32M to 64M seems to have solved the problem.

    In this case throwing memory at the problem (and thus more money via a more expensive Cloud Server configuration) made things work. I'm aghast at how much a memory pig WP is.

    For the moment, WP solves more problems than it creates so I stick with it.

    Memory... WP just can't get enough of it it seems.

    John

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

About this Topic