WordPress.org

Ready to get started?Download WordPress

Forums

[resolved] ADMIN section BLANK (8 posts)

  1. imagiscapeca
    Member
    Posted 6 years ago #

    Hi, the method I used to solve this problem 2 weeks ago is not working now. That's right, it's blank for the 2nd time in two weeks.

    Last time, I moved wp-includes/cache.php, reloaded my blog page (which displayed Error: cache file missing), then returned the cache file, then reloaded the page and it worked.

    I have not changed any of my PLUGINS since it was last working properly, so it's not a plugin problem.

    The blog itself (the part visible to readers) is fine (except that a post which I submitted by email containing graphics is all ugly):
    http://www.imagiscape.ca/blog

    Previously, I submitted:

    Help, my blog is all blank (not covered in previous support).
    (http://wordpress.org/support/topic/138729)

  2. imagiscapeca
    Member
    Posted 6 years ago #

    FYI: This is still not resolved.

    .

  3. imagiscapeca
    Member
    Posted 6 years ago #

    (I have upgraded from 2.3 to 2.3.1, but that did not fix this.)

  4. imagiscapeca
    Member
    Posted 6 years ago #

    It worked for several hours after upgrading to 2.3.1, but it's blank again.

  5. imagiscapeca
    Member
    Posted 6 years ago #

    Newsflash:
    In Firefox, it works.
    In Internet Explorer 7, it fails.

    Previously:
    In both, it worked.
    And at other times:
    In both, it failed.

  6. 4k
    Member
    Posted 6 years ago #

  7. powerful0x0
    Member
    Posted 6 years ago #

    I have had the same problem, and it drove me crazy for more than two hours, after few researchs here is the fix..

    the 2.3.1 is fine but you must not use an old configuration file from older versions 2.2

    So get the wp-config.sample.php from the original 2.3.1, edit the information there... database and stuff. rename and upload wp-config.php.. and you are done.

    Hope this helps.
    Thanks
    Samer Ali

  8. imagiscapeca
    Member
    Posted 6 years ago #

    Thanks 4k, due to your tip I rectified most of those non-xhtml-compliant issues, but that didn't fix this problem.

    Thanks Samer, I will refer to your tip if I get this problem again, but it seems that was not the issue this time....

    SOLVED.

    I had removed many of my plugins - all the questionable ones - but I had been reluctant to remove them all since my blog took so long to process each plugin deactivation and then each plugin activation.

    I finally was compelled to do it. As i wrote on another thread (____), I used phpMyAdmin to access the database directly, where I was able to remove all the plugins in one step. This worked for me, without side-effect.

    Upon reactivating the plugins, I don't get blank pages.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic