I just posted version 1.1.0; it should be listed in your dashboard as an update shortly.
The process isn't fancy (yet), so in you WordPress dashboard:
1. Go to Media->Add New
2. Drag the image from your desktop to the window or use the Select Files button.
3. Click the Edit link after the image uploads.
4. On the page that opens, copy and paste the File URL on the right side of the page.
5. Go to the widget settings (Appearance->Widgets)
6. In the text to show space, add in:
<img src="PASTE-THE-FILE-URL-HERE" />
Depending on your theme, you can align left, right, or center by doing:
<img src="PASTE-THE-FILE-URL-HERE" class="alignleft" /> (or "alignright" or "aligncenter"). This is common in Genesis child themes, but may not be in all of them.
Let me know if you need further help!