Hi WP community!
I have just discovered WP, and am attempting to install it. I have read so much information and learnt so many new computer language words that now I feel lost.
My questions are this:
1. I want to use WP as an XHTML, CSS and Accessibility compliant WYSIWIG editor to create a website (or 10 :-) ). Is this the right platform to be using? If not, are there better ones anyone could suggest?
2. If this is the right platform to be using, will I still be able to edit the code, or is it just WYSIWIG?
3. Will I still be managing my files etc through my FTP client?
4. There are thousands of free WordPress themes online. Are they for use with this program, and will I be able to make changes to them?
And the big one...
5. If this is the right platform to be using, I'm stuck. I've downloaded the program onto my computer, and opened the wp-config-sample file as directed. I immediately got stuck on what my db details were, so I contacted my host (Hostgator) who let me know I would need to develop and manage a MySQL database to know these things. I don't know what MySQL is! Or how to use it! Or what it has to do with me using QP as a WYSIWIG editor!
So I came back here and read through heaps of documentation, but am now feeling even more lost and confused. The Install WP for Free service is not running, so would anyone be kind enough to run me through what in the world I'm doing?
Thank you so much for any support!